2017 was a year of learning.
Learning about travel, God, patience, expectations, the power of no, technology, social media, taking risks, launching a business… the list goes on. But most importantly, I’ve learned a lot about myself.
I pushed my limits, took risks, and lived outside of my comfort zone. I had productive days, lazy days, days where I’m way to hard on myself, and days where I felt like I could accomplish anything I set my mind to. 2017 has been so good to me and my husband – the memories made and goals accomplished far outweigh the overwhelming days and setbacks.
I am beyond grateful for this platform to share my year with you & the opportunity to look back on these posts in years to come and see the change that has happened in our lives. Thank you for the support you’ve showed me along the way and for the encouragement and kind words shared.
I’m ready for 2018 and the opportunities and changes that are ahead – but for now let’s take a moment to reflect on this past year.
2017 IN REVIEW:
- We found a new love for traveling and took our first trip to London & Ireland in May. I shared our London itinerary on my blog this past Summer & you can find details about 8 awesome things to do in Ireland over on What Molly Made’s blog.
- Some other cities that we traveled to in 2017 include NYC, Vegas, Asheville, Miami, Clearwater, Nashville, and Lexington.
- Wedding season was a little sweeter this year as my husband’s brother got married to his high school sweetheart (details here) and my best friend who so happens to be my cousin got married to a wonderful man at Mint Springs Farm, a gorgeous country-side venue in Nashville, TN.
- Our youngest siblings graduated from college this year & we couldn’t be prouder of them. My brother from the University of Michigan, and my sister-in-law from our Alumni, Ashland University.
- I read 6 books this year (coming from a girl that read only 1 the past two years combined) and have goals set to keep reading in the new year. They focused on spirituality, goal-setting, patience, and discovering purpose and passion.
- We had the opportunity to have my brother live with use for a few months while he waited on his job to begin. This was a very special two months for me, spending time with & learning from Seth is a blessing – the first time in many years we’ve stayed under the same roof for an extended period of time.
- I took a leap of faith and launched my Event Planning Business in March and what a fun ride it has been. You can find some more details on this podcast that my friend Jessie shared on her Fulfilled and Fit community.
- I spent more hours that I can count on learning how to create my own website (the first on WordPress, the second on Showit5 which is my current operating platform)
- I learned from amazing women in the industry about goal setting, creating content, best business practices, and how to find success as an entrepreneur. One of my favorite social media courses that I took this year was Hilary Rushford of Dean Street Society’s Instagram with Intention Class.
- I organized and executed my first styled shoot which allowed me to meet and work with some amazing Columbus wedding vendors. You can find all the vendor details and beautiful images here.
- One of my best friends had her baby girl in May & my sweet nephew turned 1 in November.
- And to end the year – we spent a week and a half back in Ohio spending much needed time with family and friends.
2017 was a year of learning, and boy was it a good year. I’m looking forward to what’s to come in the new year and the memories yet to be made.
Photos below by:
Nyk & Cali
Loren Jackson Photography
Alyssa Thomas is a Wedding and Event Planner based in Pittsburgh, PA and serving clients in Pittsburgh, Columbus, and Worldwide Destinations. Her work spans from weddings and corporate events, to meetups and intimate gatherings. Contact her today for your consultation and stop by her instagram to see some beautiful events, design work, and a peek into her personal life + traveling adventures. @alyssathomasevents
Pittsburgh Wedding Planner | Columbus Wedding Planner